Last Revised: December 19, 2014
1. Information We Collect.
Information You Provide. When you register for an account we may collect some personal information such as your name, email address, password, company, address, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information)(“Personal Information”). We may also collect information in connection with your use of our sharing and collaboration features such as the email addresses for your contacts that you wish to share content with and/or invite to join Ci. From time to time we may also request additional demographic information which you may provide at your discretion.
Your Content. We collect and store files you upload, download or access with Ci, along with any metadata associated with that content or any metadata created in association with your use of Ci (e.g., user-entered tags and classifications, user comments).
Log Data. When you use Ci, we automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using Ci. This may include your IP address, browser type, access times, referring website addresses or other information included in HTTP headers. We may also collect information about your account activity and files and pages accessed by you. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
A “cookie” is a small file which is downloaded through your browser when you visit a website and stored on your device’s hard drive. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your login email and password for future logins to Ci. We may also use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of Ci, to better understand how you use Ci, and to aggregate usage and web traffic routing on Ci. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default settings. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies however, you may not be able to use or access all aspects of Ci.
We and some of our third party partners use Flash cookies to store some of your preferences or personal information. For more information on Flash cookies and how to manage privacy and storage settings click here. In some of our email messages, we use “click-through URLs” or pixel tags to determine whether the email has been opened and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
2. How We Use Your Information. In general we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to facilitate your use of Ci, to inform you about products, services or promotions we think may be of interest to you, and to otherwise serve you. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
We may also share your personal information:
4. Network and Information Security. We seek to maintain reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in the files you store in Ci are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
5. Updating and Accessing Your Personal Info. You may view, correct, update or delete the Personal Information Sony MCS stores about you. Most of your Personal Information may be accessed and corrected simply by logging into your account and accessing your profile. You can also request changes or access to your information by contacting us here.
6. Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as necessary to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide your services, you may delete your account by contacting us here. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there may be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion. In addition, we may not delete files that you have in common with other users from our servers.
7. Use of Analytics Tools. We may use analytics tools and other third party technologies such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use Ci or visit our websites. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information. These tools use this information for purposes such as monitoring product performance so that we may evaluate feature performance and overall product performance to improve the UX for our users.
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of Ci and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of Ci. We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Ci across the Internet. Google AdWords Remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer. The cookie is used to communicate that Google should show you ads related to pages you have visited. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and display ads that are most relevant to you.
8. Choice/Opt-Out. Sony MCS may send you communications regarding Ci, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of Ci, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) service notices and product updates, and (iii) promotional information, newsletters and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions in those emails or by setting your preferences in your account page or by contacting us here. Opt-out requests may not apply to certain types of transactional service messages.
for the latest information on our privacy practices. If we make a material change to the way in which we
collect, use, and/or share your personal information, we will send an email to users who have provided
an email address or post a notice on Ci prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued use of Ci
such revised policy.
10. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident,
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you the right to receive (a) information identifying any
third party(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the preceding calendar year, your personal
information for that third party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of
personal information disclosed. To obtain such information free of charge, please write to us at the
address below, or submit your request here. We will respond to
these requests within thirty (30) days. Requests that come to us by other means may result in a delayed
11. Children. We do not attempt to collect any personal information from those under the age of 13. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately and this information will be removed. For more information on how to protect your children online:
Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.
12. International Users. Ci is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using Ci, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.